Friends of Prince William Forest Park is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization that was formed in 1989. Our mission is to advocate for the preservation and enhancement of the natural and cultural resources of Prince William Forest Park, a unit of the National Park Service, in Triangle, Virginia.
To fulfill our mission we:
- Monitor community actions affecting the park and ecosystem.
- Serve as a forum for citizens on government decisions that affect the park.
- Raise awareness of park issues and activities within the community.
- Build friendships and partnerships through activities, recreation and volunteering.
- Raise funds through corporate and individual donations to benefit special park events, community engagement and special projects.
Come and join us in the park!
POSTPONED to October 23, 2011!
2011 Chopawamsic Cycle Challenge
Due to recent weather damage, the Chopawamsic Cycle Challenge has been postponed to October 23, 2011.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
8:30 am Check-in/Registration,
Pine Grove Ballfield, Prince William Forest Park
4 Courses to choose from
Courses for all ages and mountain biking levels
Bike & Helmet provided by rider (Hybrid or Mtn Bikes only)
Light refreshments provided at the rest stop/first aid station
Lunch provided to all riders
T-shirts for first 75 registrants
Fun for all!
4 Courses - All Mountain Biking Levels
8.5-mile 75th Anniversary Course for all ages & levels
11.5-mile Novice Course
17-mile Experienced Course
Beginners Bike Rodeo - no experience necessary!
Check back for brand new flier after September 12th
Click here for REGISTRATION FORM
Click here for the 2011COURSE MAP
For more information contact:
or call 703.221.2366.